About the role
In this four year program, starting in 2022, Political consultants will be part of multiple project
teams working on various aspects of the political consulting work. They will be a part of multiple
election campaigns and will work on some of the most challenging policy and governance problems facing
During campaigns, political consultants interact closely with political leaders and organizers at the
constituency, district, state and national level. While this is an interesting proposition and comes
with enormous exposure, it also raises expectations of maintenance of confidentiality, display of
exemplary client management skills and most importantly, of performance.
The role requires intelligent, passionate, and self-driven professionals with a clear understanding of
working in the consulting industry. The candidate should possess excellent problem solving, team
leadership, client leadership, thought leadership and communications skills and should be able to
thrive in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
In addition to this, the candidate would also be required to:
- Contribute ideas and strategies towards the roll-out of campaign initiatives
- Possess the ability to project-manage campaign initiatives end-to-end
- Undertake research and present findings towards formulating on-ground initiatives
- Possess high-quality problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to propose practical
solutions for issues
- Have a strong bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
Desired qualifications and experience
In order to be eligible to apply for the Political Consultant position in GILP, you need to be from
the top engineering, law, commerce, science or arts colleges in the country.
You should be currently in your final year of a graduate/undergraduate course (3, 4 or 5 year
integrated programs) at such a college and graduating from your course in 2022. Post-graduates are not
eligible for GILP.